The recent shutdown has greatly affected our ability to create content for the proposed Summer 2020 launch of our online training platform. As soon as it is safe for our instructors, we will be back to work making training videos. We are estimating a fourth quarter 2020 or first quarter 2021 launch, However, if you are interested in the online training, we suggest you submit a request for information now so we can put you on a list to be contacted as soon as launch date is finalized. Stay safe!
Welcome to SHADOW MASTER ONLINE, a resource for those who wish to learn the art of the KURAI KOTORI NINJA. This is a complete system that contains a vast array of skills inspired by the Ninja of old. The content is delivered via instructional videos and dramatized clips showing the skills in action in a fashion that captures the spirit of the elusive Shadow Masters.
Please keep in mind that the SHADOW MASTER ONLINE website is a virtual representation of so many skills they could not all be listed on one page. We have tried to organize this mass of information into separate sections based on subject matter.
Shodai Jonin (Ninja Leader) Mark Steven Grove has been studying Ninjutsu since 1972. He opened his first school in 1983 and has been practicing and teaching every since. He is the founder the Gendai system of Kurai Kotori Ninjutsu and has organized the skills into a complete training program that maintains the spirit of the Ninja.
Nidai Jonin (Ninja leader) Sara Salazar is a 5th degree black belt who has been training in Kurai Kotori Ninjutsu under founder Mark Steven Grove since since 2003. She teaches all aspects of the art to students and is the successor to the system.
Kenshi (Swordmaster) Matthew White began training in Kurai Kotori Ninjutsu under founder Mark Steven Grove since 2002. A 5th degree black belt, he focuses on guiding students in their swordsmanship training.
Students currently training in-person attend weekly classes and have free access to any instructional videos associated with their current level. If the student stops training, they will no longer have access to online training materials.
Monthly cost for training is $200.00
Unwilling to place our students in close proximity within an enclosed space, we will be conducting training outdoors through the spring and summer of 2020. We will focus on skills that allow us to remain a safe distance apart that will still refine our fighting skills. Once this pandemic is better understood, we will re-evaluate our training process and alter it as needed. We will endure and learn from this life experience.
Students are required to purchase official uniforms, weapons, and training equipment from SHADOW MASTER ONLINE. Most of the weapons used in training are custom designed and not available anywhere else.
Below are icons that represent the different levels of training a student must surpass on their quest to become a Ninja. Icons one through six represent the unarmed self-protection aspect of training. Icons seven through nine represent the weaponry aspect of training. Icons ten and eleven represent the auxiliary arts. Visitors to the site can preview these links, but will be unable to access the instructional videos without a membership.
1. Once a potential student requests training via phone or email, they will be emailed an enrollment packet that must be filled out, digitally signed, and returned.
2. Once we have received the completed paperwork and vetted the student, they will be sent an email confirming their successful membership.
3. At that point the new student will be allowed to start with the first program of the system. Once the program fee has been paid, they will receive a link to a private showcase that requires a unique pass code. This will allow them to view step by step instructional videos, demonstrations, and interview style Q&A's with instructors.
4. Students will have an allotted amount of time, depending on the program, to complete their independent study and shoot video of themselves performing the skills to be sent in for evaluation. If all video lessons are completed, a certificate of completion will be awarded. At the end of the enrollment cycle for a program, the pass code will be deactivated and the videos will no longer be able to be viewed.
5) After the first program is completed, the student will be allowed to progress to the second program. Each program will need to be purchased independently and this process will continue forward from program to program unless the students has purchased multiple programs in advance.
6) All programs start at the beginning of the next full month.